Navy Dads

My son's PIR is Aug 4th.  I know the gates do not open till 6:30 am but was wondering how early should we arrive. Next is any advice on whats the best location for taking photos?, Lower or upper level in the stands. Thanks from one proud navy Dad! 

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are driving in, get in line by 6. (Chicago is on Central Time.) When you get into the drill hall you will see some signs with the division numbers on them. You best for photography, is to be up about half way. We were all the way up to the top of the main bleachers, and I wish I had been a little lower. But be sure to sit in front of the sign with your sailors division number. If you have seat cushions, I suggest you take them. Those bleachers get awful hard after a while.

Also keep in mind that pictures or video are not allowed outside the drill hall while on base. Once you are out the gate, you're good. You could lose all of your pictures if caught. Trust me, I found out the hard way back in 2008. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome To Navy Dads

NavyDads Mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

SUPPORTERS & FRIENDS

Military

Navy Midshipmen gear at Fanatics.com

Train with true warriors - Former Navy Seals challenge your physical capabilities

We offer american made flag display cases, Flag frames, and military gifts, visit us for great qulaty and fast service. Get your Shadowbox from USAMM

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Blog Posts

Navy Submarine Flag

Posted by Wesley Brent Wertz on July 16, 2017 at 8:53am 2 Comments

P-Hold question

Posted by Dan Engle on June 30, 2017 at 7:07pm 3 Comments

? My son called and he failed

Posted by Brian on June 6, 2017 at 5:12pm 4 Comments

SHIPPING PACKAGES

Posted by L. Paul Saltzman on June 1, 2017 at 9:47am 0 Comments

Post Graduation Liberty