Navy Dads

Hope this is the first thread for this class.  Just a place for all to go for questions/info as we go through this experience.  Seems as if some of the class was able to make calls yesterday (8/29).  Maybe F Company?  Nothing from Ted in E Company yet.

Views: 883

Replies to This Discussion

Mike,
Oops.
I don't think he has email access this early, even if he was given an address. If he does, you should be getting an email from him shortly. Once they get email access they typically let you know right away. I don't think my son got his until week 4 after successfully completing the RLP inspection.
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks, Bill. Much obliged. Mike
Ahh, the dreaded RLP inspection in week 4. There's a LOT to look forward to successfully getting past week 4. ;)
Yeah, this RLP is a huge milestone. Once they are past this the worst 4 weeks of their life will be over and the chances of rolling drop quite a bit.
Hello everyone. I just found this site and am excited to have a link to other parents of OCS class 02-11.
Got a call from our son Andre today. He is in F company. Doing well. Seems the DI's are leaving them alone now some during chow so they are getting some welcome relief from the grilling only a DI or DS can inflict. Hope you all get a call from your candidate today.
Finally, after 4 weeks heard from Ted yesterday. Passed RLP along with rest of E Company with exception of 4-5. While relieved to have that behind him, sounded awful otherwise as he is battling bronchitis along with the normal "no voice" condition they all suffer from. Skies a little brighter now that they have a few more links to the outside, but he will need to get healthy quickly. Scored high on physical testing so can miss some PT without damage. That was a long 4 weeks on this side, lord only knows what it must have seemed like on their side. Good luck to all.
Congrats Mike on Ted passing RLP. Danny also passed. He have not spoken directly with him, we get updates from his wife since his time / telephone opportunities are so limited. We're just relieved that he cleared this hurdle. Still more to clear but aparently the absolute worst is now behind them.

Mike Galligan said:
Finally, after 4 weeks heard from Ted yesterday. Passed RLP along with rest of E Company with exception of 4-5. While relieved to have that behind him, sounded awful otherwise as he is battling bronchitis along with the normal "no voice" condition they all suffer from. Skies a little brighter now that they have a few more links to the outside, but he will need to get healthy quickly. Scored high on physical testing so can miss some PT without damage. That was a long 4 weeks on this side, lord only knows what it must have seemed like on their side. Good luck to all.
That is a good way of putting it, the "absolute worse". I guess a few more classifications of "worse" still to be heard from. Big relief being beyond this one though, as the alternative must have been unthinkable for all of them. As of yesterday, E Company not to move on to the next uniform as DI still not 100% pleased with them. Maybe not correct terminology, as I never ran into a DI that was 100% pleased with anything.
Glad to hear the good news. My son Andre also passed RLP with F company. Things are looking up for all now that this big hurdle is now in the rearview.

Mike Galligan said:
That is a good way of putting it, the "absolute worse". I guess a few more classifications of "worse" still to be heard from. Big relief being beyond this one though, as the alternative must have been unthinkable for all of them. As of yesterday, E Company not to move on to the next uniform as DI still not 100% pleased with them. Maybe not correct terminology, as I never ran into a DI that was 100% pleased with anything.
Congrats to you as well. Even with the challenges ahead, it must be a tremendous relief to get past this RLP. With all the physical/mental/sleep deprived stress, it must become a highly emotional time. The guys that rolled were hugely disappointed and emotional, as were their company mates for them. Hope those that did not pass have the strength to regroup and get back on track despite the emotional set back. Weather turning a little cooler up there so DIs not able to spray with water while in the pit anymore. I am told this is a good thing.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments