Navy Dads

For all you worried bootcamp parents:

"Try to think more about what needs to be done today and less about tomorrow. Until we get through the present we don't know what will happen in the future."

Calvin Baker,

Views: 4390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My son left on July 16, have you heard from your son yet?

Jerry said:

My son heads to GL next week, July 17th...Anyone else have a future sailer headed out next week?

Alan, yes I've received 2 letters and a phone call so far. the second letter and call came last Thursday and Wednesday.

Alan,

My son left on July 17th. We received the box 2 days ago and now just waiting on the form letter so that I can start writing him and also to send him the phone cards so that he can call home when he gets the chance.

Well we got the box and got the form letter on monday. so we are waiting on a phone call. Let me know what ship your son is on. Mine is on ship 9 div 287 grad date of sept. 7.

marcia said:

Alan,

My son left on July 17th. We received the box 2 days ago and now just waiting on the form letter so that I can start writing him and also to send him the phone cards so that he can call home when he gets the chance.

calls typically not until week 3

Alan,

I’ve noticed I usually get a letter on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I think they get mailed out on Mondays.

My Son just started boot camp this Monday. I am very proud of him. His grandfather and his dad are retired Navy. His Uncle has been in for 33 years and still serving. I have to get use to him not being home. I always thought he was going to go to college and play football but out of the blue his senior year he told us he want to go in the Navy and be a Master At Arms. I am sure he is doing good and being well taken care of. I just miss him already.

Our daughter shipped on 9/26/12 to RTC in Great Lakes. We got our 20 second phone call at about 9:00pm EST that same night to let us know she'd made it and to expect her stuff to arrive in a week or so. We, actually got the box last night. Fortunately, her recruiter was able to go ahead and give us her ship (14), division (141) and address, so we can mail the letters we've been writing to her. She should have plenty to read, between what her mom, her boyfriend and I have been writing. I know I've written a couple of 3 page letters myself already. Glad to know the PIR date will be in the forthcoming letter, so we can make tentative arrangements for being there for it.

I received a letter today. Eric is with Ship 03 and graduates 1/26. He says I'll receive a package shortly on the particulars of graduation. His attitude was upbeat and positive even though he's been through a very rigorous time. All is well. 

MY son shipped out on 1/24/2013 and i just recived the box of his belongings, but still havent recived the form letter yet. At this point i still have no way to get a letter to cody. Should i be concerned or just wait longer?

My son shipped out feb.5th and we just got his box today but no letter. Cannot wait to be able able to send him the letters that I have written. Will give ship name when info comes to see if anyone else is there

My son shipped out yesterday.  I received a call from him telling me he was, "resetting his phone and turning it off. Bye."  LOL ... I expect his box and letter next week sometime, but I know he's in good hands.  Once I get his address information I'll have a few letters ready for him.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments