Navy Dads

We are trying to think ahead about plans for Christmas, anticipating it's likely our future sailor will be in nuke A school at that time. We anticipate him getting to A school around Thanksgiving but it's all in flux right now, waiting on his security clearance.
We are trying to figure out whether it would be doable to go visit him there during his "free days" off so that he doesn't have to use his leave to come home.
A few specs:
There would be 4 of us, including teenage brother and sister.
We have about a 12 hour drive to Goose Creek so it's doable and driving is more affordable than flying 4 of us.
So here are my primary questions:
Are there specific days that are given off from A school at Christmas?
How much liberty would he have to leave the base during that time?
Any recommendations on where we could/should try to stay? We would probably look into renting a house for the 5 of us if he's able to leave the base.
Thanks for any tips/info!

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tony, We took a vacation this summer to Charleston, and used AirBNB to rent a house. We were looking to hit the beach while also being able to cruise around Goose Creek to give our son Spencer a view of the local town. Plus this gave him some Fun memories of the area to help him during the tough times.

The house we rented was about 30 min from the base...and was fantastic. I recommend the owner of the house and here is some info regarding the rental. While there may be some houses closer, at least I can vouch for this one: 1234 Secessionville Rd, Charleston, SC 29412

I will let others respond to the questions of liberty. 

Thanks and good luck! (tell your sailor we said Thank You for his service!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

SUPPORTERS & FRIENDS

Military

Navy Midshipmen gear at Fanatics.com

Train with true warriors - Former Navy Seals challenge your physical capabilities

We offer american made flag display cases, Flag frames, and military gifts, visit us for great qulaty and fast service. Get your Shadowbox from USAMM

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

The Finished product - so far

Posted by Mike Bubb on October 15, 2017 at 10:35am 0 Comments

We have a sailor!

Posted by Mike Bubb on October 4, 2017 at 4:54pm 0 Comments

Email from bootcamp

Posted by Mike Bubb on October 3, 2017 at 6:00pm 0 Comments

new sailor

Posted by Oliver on September 30, 2017 at 7:59am 2 Comments